How to get into stand up paddle board fishing?
How do I get in the fishing paddle board?
Who does not like fishing for a day? The morning, peace and relaxation on the water away from your usual hectic life – it is just shameful that you have to schedule your journey and make sure that you can carry all the equipment you need to go to the right place.
You have to set up your trailer with your boat before leaving to find a good place to get your boat into the water and after done fill it all back up again. Wouldn’t it be more enjoyable if you were to fish somewhere?
Ok, if you want to stand up for fishing paddle board.
Running Stand Up Paddle
Stand up paddle boarding is a common sport that anyone can enjoy. The boards are used for fishing, meditation, surfing and holiday tours.
The boards are put flat in the water. They are powered by a paddle, and you stand up to use it. Racers and surfers use a huge amount of power on a board, but a SUP is perfect because anyone can use one and it is more cost-effective than many others.
Fishing with SUP – Benefits
Fishing in a boat is a long tradition, but you won’t look back when you start fishing on a SUP. It provides so many benefits for catching fish and relaxing.
- A boat or kayak can be big, and you have to add a trailer to tow it. Boats also require diesel, a decent storage space and even insurance. When the water is reached, a boat can only be lowered if there is a slipway. A paddle board inflatable is much easier and can be carried into a vehicle or even into a rucksack. When you hit your ideal fishing spot, swell it and follow it. You can’t find a boat ramp – you can fish virtually anywhere. It also doesn’t require a lot of storage space as it can be packed in a closet at home. You must transport an epoxy paddle board, but it is light enough to carry it, so that you can’t rely on slipways to start it.
- Sitting in a boat will limit your fishing, but attempting to stand can be risky. Casting can be tighter, so you can’t get too far and sitting across the boat keeps you from seeing any of the best fishing spots to miss out. A stand-up paddle board helps you to stand up to fish so you can see the best regions and switch to them more quickly. You also have more space than you would in a boat to cast out.
- Although fishing is a sport, many of the benefits of daily exercise are not known to be offered. Sitting on a boat all day is relaxing, but the body doesn’t work. Using a SUP, you have to paddle it and balance, and although it’s still mild, you can benefit from some exercise. It uses core muscles similar to those used for walking, so it can be enjoyed by anyone because it’s not hard exercise.
- Ships and kayaks can be challenging to place precisely where they want to be as they place across the sea. A paddle board standing is lightweight and, if you purchased the right one, it is very agile and easy to navigate to reach the best fishing stage.
- The engine noise on a boat will frighten the fish away. A SUP has no motor and is almost quiet because it is flat on the water.
- Boats and kayaks relax on the water, but not as much as the SUP. Walking through the water as you stand up gives you a much clearer view of the scenery and you’ll see more animals around the water and much more about the world around you.
- There are limits on fishing if you use a boat or kayak, as neither is appropriate for shallow water. You can go with a SUP without restrictions to fish in shallow water, rivers , lakes or oceans.
An SUP’s great benefit is that it can be used for other water sports as well. Surfing, touring, racing, yoga and even family travel.
Your SUP Fishing – Drawbacks
There are of course a range of inconveniences to paddle board fishing, but the benefits are far outweighed.
- The major drawback for any fishing trip is the weather and that is a factor. Nobody wants to go fishing in a storm by a boat, but a SUP is more wind-prone. Paddle boards are very lightweight so that they are more blown than a boat and are vulnerable to headwinds when you stand up. You can kneel back and forth if you’re blown by, but it’s a good idea to check the weather predictions before you head to the lake.
- You have to learn how to balance on a paddle board when you get in and out of a voyage. This will take you to and find a peaceful stretch of water for balance before you go to your fishing adventure. If you stand or balance wrongly, not only can you fall in, it can impact the board path.
Choose your fishing supply
Now you know why you have to stand up for paddleboard fishing and ensure that you have the right form of board.
Paddle boards are common, but epoxy boards are also available.
- Epoxy boards are somewhat more durable than inflatable boards.
- These boards can float more silently through the water and more effectively.
- Transportation can be a concern, since you need a car rack to hold them.
- Epoxy boards are cheaper than inflatable boards.
- These boards generally have a smaller surface area, so you and your fishing gear have less space.
- Inflatable paddle boards are easier to transport because they can be rolled up in a car trunk, transported on a bike or placed in a humpback.
- Flatable paddles have a wider area than epoxy ones, so you and your equipment have more space without feeling close.
- Epoxy boards are well made, but inflatable boards last longer.
- A lot of fishing equipment and swelling SUPs are typically supplied with many scotty mounting attachments.
- Inflatable SUPs are not as smooth as epoxy sheets.
What about the machinery?
Fishing equipment can be costly to purchase and it’s healthy on a cruise. However, on a flat paddle board there is definitely a greater chance that this could fall into the water?
The best thing about SUP is that you can buy attachments that keep safe and stable anything you need. They can be equipped with scotty mounts for stand up paddle board fish, so you can easily add rod holders, bait trays, fish finders and everything else you need when fishing.
You can also get your phone waterproof cases, keys, maps and everything else you need to stay dry, as well as an attachable cool bag for your cold beers.
Where do you fish?
Around anywhere. An SUP helps you to travel along inland waterways and lakes , and rivers. While it is important to be mindful of the weather and tides, you can also use them for sea fishing. Without find a slippery path or ramp, you can position your paddleboard on any stretch of water, giving you full control and flexibility about where you fish.
Fishing inflatable SUPs can be an essential addition to a camping trip. You won’t want to take a boat and trailer if you like fishing while camping, but you can take a SUP and your stuff and find a nice place during your stay on the land.
You won’t look back until you’ve learned the opportunity to stand up paddleboard fishing. You don’t just have to go fishing yourself. Others can move with you when you have a large board, but they must be careful when they are sitting and moving or all can end up in the water.