Accidental Damage Warranty Terms and Conditions
What is Pakaloa Care+ ?
- Pakaloa Care+ is an Accidental Damage Protection for your inflatable paddle board.
- You need to order your Pakaloa Care+ protection when you buy a Pakaloa inflatable stand up paddle board.
- You can extend your Pakaloa Care+ Protection but you need to do it before its expiry date from your account area. We send you 2 reminder emails to avoid expiration.
You will have the list of Care+ Warranties in the "My Account" section. From here you can manage and extend the Pakaloa Care+
Understanding your accidental damage warranty
Please read this page carefully and make sure you understand and fully comply with its terms and conditions, failure to do so may jeopardise the treatment of any claim which might arise and could lead to the contract becoming void. Please ensure you keep it in a safe place so you can read it again if you need to.
The accidental damage warranty
This contract is evidence of a warranty contract. It will only become effective when we have received payment in full and accepted the coverage. We will provide the warranty service as stated in this contract. Your bordereau is the basis of the contract and forms part of the warranty contract.
The contract contains details of the cover provided, what is excluded from the cover and the conditions of this service.
This warranty is designed to pay for the Repair Costs or, at our option, the Replacement Costs incurred as a result of Accidental Damage as defined in this contract.
Any word or expression to which a specific meaning has been attached will bear the same meaning throughout this agreement and will appear with a capital letter and in bold.
Accidental Damage means any damage caused to the Paddleboard which was not deliberate or bound to happen.
Bordereau means any signed declaration of Paddleboard sold to you.
Geographical Limits are countries without international restriction or wars.
Warranty period means the period you paid for it.
Repairer means Pakaloa Service Centre, or any other Authorised Service Centre.
Repair Cost means the cost of repair materials, labour and shipping.
Cover is the maximum amount that can be repaired in total during the Warranty period. The maximum amount is the value of the unit.
We/Us/Our means Pakaloa.
- Wear and Tear means the gradual deterioration associated with normal use and age of the Paddleboard and its components.
- You/Your/Yourself means the customer.
Accidental Damage cover
What is covered?
If the Paddleboard suffers Accidental Damage, We will repair it at no cost (including the parts and labour cost of repairing, and the logistics charges) or, at our choice, replace it with an identical/or better unit, during the Period agreed, whilst the Paddleboard is within the Geographical Limits, subject to the conditions and exclusions set out in this contract.
You will be covered for the repair or replacement costs up to the value of the unit.
We shall not be liable under this contract in respect of:
Any item not included within the invoice as defined by the model and serial number on the customer invoice.
Damage to any additional equipment or accessories including and identified from the original invoice.
Damage to the Paddleboard whilst on hire or loan to any third party.
Malicious damage or wear and tear.
Repair or replacement of parts and peripherals which were not supplied as part of the Paddleboard package.
We shall not be liable under this contract in respect of
No Fault Found
- Any costs incurred where it is found that the Paddleboard is functioning normally (No Fault Found). Pakaloa reserves the right to charge the logistics cost and inspection fee for every NFF case directly to the customer.
Theft / Loss
- Loss of use or theft of the Paddleboard or consequential loss of any kind.
Third Party Fees
Any associated charges levied by any provider to you.
Repairs and maintenance carried out by anyone other than Pakaloa or its approved Service
- The cost of maintenance, overhaul or modification or damage resulting from maintenance, overhaul or modification
Negligence, abuse, misuse
Failure to use or site the Paddleboard in accordance with our instructions and failure to follow maintenance and storage recommendations;
The use of accessories or equipment not approved by us
The improper connection to accessories or other peripherals;
- The introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the unit;
The cost incurred by improper installation, operation, maintenance, overhaul or modification.
Wear and Tear
- The cost of remedying or making good solely due to Wear and Tear, gradual deterioration or oxidisation, gradually developing defects, flaws or fractures; Scratching or chipping of any surfaces.
War Risk and Terrorism
- Failures directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Failures directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste, from the combustion of nuclear fuel, or the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
If any claim is made under this warranty contract is fraudulent in any respect or if any fraudulent means or devices are used by you to obtain any benefit hereunder all benefit under this contract shall be forfeited.
You must take all reasonable steps to prevent Accidental Damage to your Paddleboard, including but not limited to:
Keeping the Paddleboard in a proper state of maintenance and repair;
Using the Paddleboard in accordance with our instructions and maintenance
- Provide at your expense all details that we may require concerning the cause and amount of the Accidental Damage.
1. Duty of Care
The Paddleboard must not be operated after any Accidental Damage or incident if this could cause further damage to the Paddleboard.
- You must not act in a fraudulent manner. If you, or anyone acting for you claim for a repair under this warranty knowing the claim to be false, or fraudulently exaggerated, in
any respect, or
make a statement in support of a claim, knowing the statement to be false in any respect, or
submit a document in support of a claim, knowing the document to be forged or false in any respect, or
- make a claim in respect of any loss or damage caused by your wilful act, or with your connivance,
will not pay for the repair
will not pay any other repair which has been made or will be made under this warranty
will declare the warranty void
will be entitled to recover from you the amount of any repair already paid under the warranty
will not make any return of premium
How to claim?
Contact our support team through our contact page to make a claim. Our support team is available 24/7 to help you.
Claims conditions and how to log a repair under Accidental Damage cover
You must comply with the following instructions to have the full protection of your warranty. If you do not comply with them, we may cancel at our option the warranty, refuse to deal with your claim, or reduce the amount of the claims payment.
The Paddleboard should not be used after an accident has occurred and our helpdesk has to be informed within 5 working days of the incident.
To log a repair under accidental damage Care+ please send a email through our contact page.
Our agents will provide you the details on how and where to return the unit for repair. Pakaloa or its Service provider will not accept return of Paddleboard without prior authorisation.
Our liability under this certificate for any Warranty period shall be conditional upon payment in advance of the appropriate premium due for that period.
Last Updated: November 18, 2019.